Alexander Campbell served the St. Andrew Parish Church
for 45 years making him the longest serving Rector in
the early history of the Church.
1858 – 1872 three Rectors (Richard Parton, William
Mayhew and George Taylor Briane) served the Parish Church,
however in 1872 the Campbell legacy was ignited when
Alexander’s son Duncan led the Parsonage until
1878. For Duncan, his tenure at the Parish Church was
almost as though he were at home again, carrying on
a family tradition.
Duncan Houston Campbell is the third generation of Campbells
that served the St. Andrew Parish Church.
Rev. Hubert H. Isaccs was the last Rector residing at
Devon Penn before the Church sold the property. Rev.
Isaccs began his tenure in 1879, and after only two
years the Rectory was sold to George Stiebel, however,
he served the church for 21 years before his death in